Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Wide Horizons - "Karma Chameleon 2016"

Congratulations to Brenda Wroe whose quilt, "Karma Chameleon 2016" was selected for Wide Horizons V.



Karma Chameleon 2016

Inspiration :The personal challenge for me was to master the artistic use of a longer machine to create this whole cloth quilt, pushing my skill set towards another Wide Horizon. The piece is inspired by a little chameleon basking in the sunshine amongst some verdant foliage in Spain.  I found myself humming the Boy George song, named him Karma Chameleon, and mused whether he might change in colour.

Techniques : A whole cloth quilt, entirely hand-guided quilting on my HandiQuilter longer machine.


Materials: Radiance silk cotton hand-dyed by myself. A double layer of 100% wool and cotton wadding. Trilobal polyester thread 40wt.


Thanks, Brenda




No comments:

Post a Comment