Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

This is SAQA Europe/Middle East: Switzerland

Edith Bieri



My name is Edith Bieri, born and raised in Switzerland. Until my marriage I worked as a secretary in a spinning and weaving factory. Now I’m living in Neftenbach near Winterthur and work at the city police of Winterthur in the Finance/controlling department.

Since more than 30 years I’m an enthusiastic quilter. I took several workshops with quilting artists and learned from books and magazines. With all these experience I’m looking for my own way.

Patchwork /Quilts are fascinating because of its variety of the fabrics, forms, shapes and colours. I love to work with my sewing machine. I belong to 3 quilting groups where I’m an active member. From 2003 – 2011 I‘ve been also engaged in the board of the Swiss Quilter’s Association (patCHquilt) as president. Some of my quilts have been exhibited nationally and internationally, e.g. Festival of Quilts Birmingham, AQS Paducah, World Quilt Carneval in Nagoya Tokio, EXNA Neuchâtel etc.


Schalttafel (Circuit Board), 127 x 62 cm

I love to work on big quilts which is a real challenge as well as on smaller quilts on which I use a lot of threads in decorative stitching and other techniques I’m trying out. One of my aim is to work with this threadplayings as I call them, also in big quilts.

Fadenspielerei II, (Playing with threads II),
40 x 60 cm

A report on my most recent solo exhibition can be seen here.
To see more of my work visit my website and blog:


1 comment:

  1. Hello Edith,
    Just catching up on the blog after my holiday. Great phrase thread playings. It is a good description.
    I love the vibrancy of that piece Schalttafel (Circuit Board)!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete