Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

This is SAQA Europe/Middle East: The North

My name is Eva Have, from Denmark. I was born in 1944 and educated as Technical Designer and worked for several consulting engineering firms.


I am married and blessed with 3 children and 2 grandchildren.
I have been quilting since 1978, but mainly in my spare time. I started quilting seriously in 1994, using mainly traditional patterns. Soon I found it much more interesting to design my own quilt, and suddenly it ended up in Art Quilts. Today my inspiration comes from the world around me, daily life and ordinary things gives me the ideas for to my quilts.

I am a member of the Scandinavian Art textile group  ”QuilteQunstnerne”, The “SAQA” group and “The Danish Patchwork Guild” and I am committee member of a local patchwork group “Limfjorden”.

I have participated in different exhibitions in quite a few countries such as Austria, France, Belgium, Holland, Japan, Spain, Germany, England, Poland, Holland, Canada, Hungary, Scotland and South Africa.
All the Scandinavia countries – Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland has also hosted my quilt and – of course – many, many places in Denmark.


I like to play golf which I started doing in 1996. And I collect thimbles - my collection recently exceeded 2000 different thimbles.
I also collect pin cushions, where my favorites are figurines.

Be my Guest!  Size 100 x 200 cm

The Thimbles, size 95x140 cm

Both quilts were exhibited at the International Quilt Convention, Johannesburg, South Africa, September 2013


1 comment:

  1. Lovely to get to know you Eva!

    I have made a search for the website for QuilteQunstnerne. There are some talented people in the group!

    I also found more pictures of your work. http://www.quiltequnstnerne.dk/evahave.html

    I like the interesting ways you use the concept of a still life and give it a unique twist or a humorous connection. Especially the one of hedgehogs playing cards. The 'hair styles' are very fun!

    Perhaps one day we will meet in person.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete